I answer this question so many times, I’m writing it up as a blog entry.
You have an application – .NET, JAVA whatever.
You want this to be a SP and need to connect to an IDP – ADFS, OpenAM, simpleSAMLPHP …
Look at Announcing the WIF Extension for SAML 2.0 Protocol Community Technology Preview! (.NET).
Warning: This has not been updated in a while.
Warning: This is based on WIF 3.5. It is not compatible with WIF 4.5.
Also the OpenSSO Fedlet – this has components for both .NET and Java.
Or the OpenAM equivalents:
Using Fedlets in Java Web Applications and
Using Fedlets in .NET Applications
Or the Spring Security - SAML Extension (Java).
Or OIOSAML. (.Net and Java).
- This library speaks the WS-Federation protocol and SAML 1.1 and 2.0 tokens. It interops fine with Microsoft-related products like ADFS, Windows Azure Active Directory and Windows Identity Foundation.
- A SAML2 Service Provider for ASP.NET. Built to mimic the WSFederationAuthenticationModule in .NET 4.5, but using SAML2 instead. The module works with the claims model of .NET 4.5 and uses the present infrastructure for claims translation, session authentication cookies etc.
- NuGet package - A .NET implementation of the SAML 2.0 specification for SP integrations.
- "Install-Package SAML2" from the Package Manager Console
- SAML 2.0 for WIF is a new DLL component that extends the WIF with native support for the SAML 2.0 protocol. (.NET)
SAML-based products and services